One Terrible Blog

My photo
San Francisco, California, United States

Tuesday, December 28, 2010

ARE YOU READY TO ROCK?!

As I have state before or has been deduced from some of my stellar work, I love me some music. More so I love concerts. I usually don't like sitting in some crap ass bar paying a cover charge/drink minimum/smelling like smoke. Instead I like larger concerts. I think that it is because a bigger place allows for some production that enhances the music. The following is a list of my favorite five concerts; in no particular order.

Slayer: The Roy Wilkins Auditorium in Minneapolis (2003)

SO MUCH FUN! My best friends and I were front row the entire time (we had to sit through some crap ass bands to maintain that front row). My friend Ray and I were on Jeff Hanneman's side of the stage and he walks over and stares at us and throws his pick in our direction. Just then some ass face put his gross hand up and knocked it down. The security guard who saw that it was meant for us picked it up and in what was actually 0.5 seconds but seemed to take about 15 minutes; he picked it up and it sat in his hand just staring at me. I then snatched it up so fast and hard that I nearly tore his plastic glove off. He then asked me if I was the one who got it, I said yes and he high fived me. Awesomeness.

Ohm: The Baked Potato in Los Angeles (2009)

Chris Poland is one of my favorite guitar players. Awesome in every aspect. Just wow. Anyways I was in LA for the NAMM show and got the chance to see his band Ohm play. The best part(s) of this were that we got there early enough to see them sound check and afterwards he walked past me and said "Sound good?" My brilliant response "Oh yeah", I said this while managing to not shit my pants. Then they played and it was incredible.

AC/DC: The Fargodome in Fargo (2000)

I was in the way back nose bleeds for this one but it was still the LOUDEST concert I've ever seen and I was front row for two Slayer concerts. They played everything you would expect them to and it didn't sound tired at all.

Faith No More: The Warfield in San Francisco (2010)

One of my all time favorite groups. I touched upon the adventures that went into this concert in an earlier post so I won't dwell too much on it. But it was awesome. They played everything you would expect and we were able to see them play with Chuck Mosely, something that they hadn't done since about 1988 I believe.

Metallica: The Fargodome in Fargo (2004)

Front row again. Very fun. My friends and I were singing the whole time and it was awesome. Then during "Master of Puppets" James Hetfield looks right into my eyes and then two things happened. 1) I forgot the damn words. 2) I turned into a girl. Then later on during "One' Kirk Hammet plays the final solo right in front of us. The lamest thing that happened was at the end of the show. The whole band were throwing pics into the crowd and this asshole security guard in front of us decided that rather than being cool and giving them to us, he would pocket them. All 15 of them. Lame.


I don't get out to see as many shows as I did in my younger days when I was an undergrad and in high school. Mostly because of time and money, but when I do it is still fun. And that's how I'm gonna end this one. Peace out gang.

No comments:

Post a Comment