One Terrible Blog

My photo
San Francisco, California, United States

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Damn I Love A Good Book In The Evening

I don't know why, but ever since my last semester of college, when I took a "Vampire Literature" class to fill up my English requirements I have totally been into reading fiction like that. Now I'm not talking about wussy Twilight stuff, its more of the violent vampire (there are two kinds: sexy and violent (I learned that in the class)). It's just so good; but as of late I have been exploring the other monster realms with werewolves and also my new recent favorite: zombies. There is just something about those types of books that I find interesting. Maybe it's the unrealistic nature of them or just the fact that it happens in a real world setting.
The funny thing about this is that for the longest time I was all about nonfiction books, my thought process was that you couldn't write something better than someones life that they actually lived. My personal favorites were/are "The Dirt", "To Hell & Back", and "Juiced". But ever since that class I have been hooked on reading this stuff. It's an interesting hypothetical survival tale. Hiding, scrounging for supplies, trying not to get bitten, what happens if you do; stuff like that. I know that it's not for everyone but if you start reading it, it really makes you think. It might have gotten to me a little bit because since I like to walk more than ride the bus, I am constantly thinking "If zombies came at me right now, what would I do?". Messed up, I know.
I just think that I have read and seen to many zombie things. Of course this will never happen, but you never know right? If it does I will be maybe adequately prepared to run and hide. Maybe I should start reading nonfiction again, but then again that stuff really did happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment