It boggles my mind how fast time can fly by sometimes. Often times I find myself attaching time to some object and then I reflect on how long it's been since I got said object or how long it's been since it came out. Often times I find myself doing this with albums. I guess that's because they have a year behind them; or maybe I'm full of shit and don't know why I do that. Anyways here is a short list of albums from various times that really stuck out to me for some reason. They're probably reasons no one else cares about, so if you don't; too bad?
Overkill - The Years of Decay; came out in 1989, I got it in 2009 (a tad late eh?)
I got this album and whenever I listen to it, it always makes me think of my first semester in grad school at AAU. I always think back to walking around Market St. at like 8:00 am waiting for class to start. Also I was filled with optimism because I didn't realize my dreams would be crushed.
Jane's Addiction - Nothing's Shocking; came out in 1988, I got it in 2008
This album always makes me think back to the summer I moved out to San Francisco. I remember taking my awesome dogs The Dude & Steve to the dog park, and also listening to this as we drove through almost all of North Dakota.
Kiss - MTV Unplugged; came out in 1996, I got it in 1996
This decent album is what got me started. I remember wanting to hear what "Rock & Roll All Night" sounded like, and next thing you know....
Metallica - ...And Justice For All; came out in 1988, I got it in 1998
I remember that I got this because some guy at UND killed himself and his parents sold all of his cd's for $5 a pop and I grabbed this one. Messed up I know.
Alice In Chains - Greatest Hits; came out in 2001, I got it in 2001
I remember this being my first AIC disc and it was around the time I broke my knuckle. I had to travel to the air base for physical therapy 3-4 times a week for a few months. Super fun times. Also I remember listening to "I Stay Away" as my mom and I drove home a bunch of times in the Fall.
So yeah that be it people. Go read something else.

No comments:
Post a Comment