One Terrible Blog

My photo
San Francisco, California, United States

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

It's Still Raining Shit...

So it's only early(ish) November and I can't wait for this semester to be over with, and not for the usual reasons that college students wish for. Mine is a little different; this semester has revealed two things to me: 1. I am not that good at Graphic Design and can only hack my way through it, and 2. I need to get the fuck out of Graphic Design. I've decided that I'm not cut out for it, I don't enjoy doing it as much as I used to or want to, and I don't want to do something that I don't truly love. So I decided that after this semester I am going to become a Printmaker, which in hindsight, I probably should have done in the first place. This is a huge step and it's not something I just decided to do. For me it was easy and also not easy. It was easy for the reasons I mentioned and also for others, but not easy because of the people who I have met in the Graphic Design department and consider friends. But I can't stay for that reason, it's stupid and won't help me. In the meantime I have to stick through turning in shitty work after shitty work and being the obvious "worst, what the fuck is he doing here, he should really drop out, man his shit is SO bad, haha look at this" person. It's not fun in any way shape or form but I'm starting to develop round shoulders, so yey?

No comments:

Post a Comment