A collection of random tales and other crap that I feel like blabbering about. It's good, I promise.
Tuesday, February 22, 2011
Kid Show Business Is Back!
So the new semester is underway and even though it is roughly 4 or 5 weeks in, god damn it I'm loving it. Again it's only like a month into my new major, but I really feel like I made the right choice. I'm free from having to sit behind my computer all damn day hoping that I stumble upon something great. Now I am back making art that I really like to and that I also think is good, boarding on immaculate (please note that I am not that full of myself). I missed getting my hands dirty doing things like drawing and print making. Even though I have left the realm of graphic design, I still have been able to incorporate some things from that into what I'm doing now, and also to sprinkle some wisdom on my fellow printmakers. It's also rather banging that I have my own studio space. I guess it gives one motivation to do work or at least more of it. Plus the people I have met are really nice and helpful. The same thing(s) could not be said about everyone in my former almost kinda future occupation. The best thing to come out of this though is that I am no longer a negative bastard like I was for all of those months. Instead I welcome the challenge of coming up with something new and also being able to actually draw, print, or just make something using my mind and hands. Something that I had not been able to do for over a year.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment