One Terrible Blog

My photo
San Francisco, California, United States

Sunday, June 26, 2011

Cracker Ass White Bread Honkies

I'm not going to lie. I'm as white as the day is long, always have been. What does that have to do with anything? Well, I started to read an excellent book called Whiter Shades of Pale by Christian Lander (I know it's the second book, I have the first one coming) and in it he points out the "finer" points of us crackers. I always thought that white people were some of the dumbest people and this book reaffirms it. I would have to say that since I moved to San Francisco, every type of white person, trait, and interest I have spotted. From the obscene love of Trader Joes, camping, Whole Foods, trivia,  the World Cup, etc... it's here. I certainly have seen it in every teacher I had in Graphic Design along with almost everyone I knew from that department, and it has definitely carried over to Printmaking. It's not as bad where I come from but it's there. I think that white people as a whole are douches and we love to be smug, elitist, or ironic. Need proof? How many people do you see wearing v neck shirts, skinny jeans, or listening to shitty music?
So if anyone I know reads this, it's not that I think you're a tool, it's just that you are a caricature of a person. You live to be hip and "cutting edge" instead of an individual. And no by listening to an album by some shitty band who recorded it in their basement using a $50 keyboard doesn't make you an individual, or buying clothes at the thrift store, or wearing douchey Italian leather shoes. It just makes a fake person and one who is described to a T in Christian Landers books. So CHEERS! (that folks is intended irony)

No comments:

Post a Comment