One Terrible Blog

My photo
San Francisco, California, United States

Thursday, July 7, 2011

Who Thinks This Actually Works?

So I was walking towards my studio today to do some printing and I saw these taped all over street lamps. At first I wasn't going to take a photo of this or even write anything about it, but after the fourth one, I stopped and read it and it got me thinking: do these people really think this works? Seriously, when if ever has a gathering of naively idealistic people ever changed how the government, any government does something? At least not in this country. Especially on a level like this. Okay, you get some of these people together and they complain about, say a park or something; I guess if there is enough funds they would do something about it. But this? What makes them think that a few dumb ass people (I would guess no more than 30-40 people would show up for this) has any chance of getting national attention to show what they about the bombing of Libya and how they feel it is wrong? I mean 10 years ago and even now there are protests to end the war(s) in the middle east and bring home U.S. troops, last I checked we were still over there and a few people getting together to whine about in their free time isn't going to change it. I guess my advice would be to just do what the rest of the country does; bitch about it at the dinner table or at work and make it uncomfortable for everyone who doesn't give a damn, because they know you can't do anything about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment