One Terrible Blog

My photo
San Francisco, California, United States

Thursday, June 3, 2010

Can I get Cheese on that?

Where: Kan Zaman Cafe, San Francisco
When: July 2009

So back in July of '09 several of us went down to Haight so that we could show a few friends around who just moved to the area. We got hungry and were looking for a place to eat. Some of the group wanted to eat at Cha Cha Cha's; but ultimately we ended up eating at Kan Zaman. From what I gathered, it was a Middle Eastern type of restaurant and had an interesting vibe to boot. Short ass tables that were super cramped, tons of beads, and Middle Eastern art on the walls. But it also came with dumb ass servers. I ordered something, can't remember what exactly. I remember that it was something cold and in my stupid mind I thought "Hey, this sounds good, it might be better with cheese!" Here is an almost verbatim transcript of what happened between me and the server:

Me: Hey I want to get (whatever I ordered), but I can I get that with cheese?
Server: Cheese?
Me: Yeah, just add cheese onto it.
Server: I don't even think that we have cheese.
Me: Well, if you don't it's okay...
Server: I'll check in the back.

Every answer the server gave me was complete with sass and bitchiness. So after awhile, we get our food and we're eating and it's okay. I notice that I don't have cheese on my thingy that I'm eating, but my friends fiance DOES. Her food came with cheese. So to sum up the events so far: 1. I asked for cheese 2. Server looks at me like I'm some sort of weirdo 3. I don't get cheese 4. My friends fiance gets cheese.

So when it comes time to pay the bill and tip, things become interesting. She sees that we are done for awhile but doesn't come over, then when she does makes a stink because we want to pay dutch and then proceeds to take her sweet ass time ringing us up despite the fact that she has a total of 1 table: us. So I give her virtually no tip and then leave, without getting my god damn cheese.

No comments:

Post a Comment