One Terrible Blog

My photo
San Francisco, California, United States

Wednesday, August 4, 2010

What's That Smell? Part Three: The Smelling

So, I thought that my interesting flying adventures were going to cool off for awhile, but I was wrong. Now I present the third installment of "What's That Smell?"


On the Thursday before I was to leave, I was enjoying a hamburger with my mom and our dogs. Then I got a call from a random ass phone number, I wasn't going to answer but for some reason I did; good thing too. It was an automated message telling me that my flight had been canceled and moved from Friday at 7a.m. to Friday at 5:15 a.m.; shitty but hey what could I do? So we changed plans to leave earlier and I just decided to stay up and hang out with one of my dogs, The Dude and watch The Godfather Part II since we were going to be leaving at like 2:30 a.m. Well, we left and arrived at the Fargo airport and discovered that the terminal doesn't open until 4 a.m. so we had to drive around for about 45 minutes with nothing but a few gas stations open. After we got in, I tried to check in and here's what happens. It says that my flight was at 5:15 p.m. I was totally pissed off because I knew that I hadn't heard wrong or written it down wrong, my flight was in the morning. So after standing around for like 15 minutes with no one coming to help me, I notice a piece of paper that was face down saying if you need help call this number. I did and the guy who I talked to sounded exactly like Matthew McConaughey.
So I'm talking to McConaughey and surprisingly he was helpful, he even said "alright, alright, alright" when he was trying to get me on an earlier flight. He even said that since it was their fault for the mix up I was going to get a voucher for a meal in the Chicago airport. Well, after that we left Fargo and went home. I slept for like three hours before we headed back so I could fly out at noon. It was awesome.
The flight from Fargo to Chicago was pretty good, except I was sitting next to a guy who had no real urge to get off the plane and the flight attendant said that my flight to Chicago would board in the wrong section of the airport. Once I got off the plane, I was first in search of my gate. Then I was in search of my meal voucher. I found the gate and then proceeded to talk to a guy named Darwood. He told me that there was no record of a voucher and couldn't figure out what I was talking about. So after about 10 minutes of this back and forth, he "finds" it. The total? $5.  Wow, just enough to buy nothing in an airport. Plus he gives me a seat in the last row AGAIN, only this time in the aisle. A few hours later I was all set to board the plane and was stopped by the lady checking me in.
  
     Lady: "Are you traveling alone?"
     Me: "Yeah..."
     Lady: "Well, lets get you a better seat than!"
     Me: "Okay."
     Lady: "Here you go. More leg room, have a nice flight!"

I was bumped up 16 rows and I got a window seat, only it was next to the emergency exit (For some reason, I felt the urge to just pull the leaver, just to see what happens, messed up I know). Now for the tie into the title. Some butch lesbo had some nasty smelling/looking veggie platter and then I smelt what could pass off as a used diaper, only it turned out to be BBQ that someone was eating two rows behind me. Yummy? Plus the in flight movie was The Bounty Hunter. It was so bad that I could notice the lady sitting next to me watching my movie on my Mac without sound, it was the rest of The Godfather Part II, so who could blame her?
Well, that's all for right now. My next travels won't be until around Christmas/New Years, so we'll see what happens then.

No comments:

Post a Comment